What is Adware?How To Remove Adware
In Adware term, ad refers to advertisement and the ware has been derived from Malware.
Adware is an advertisement generating Malware which makes way into system deceptively. It targets user with promotional content, banner ads, pop- up windows.
The aim of its developer is to generate revenue per click. It employs deceptive tactics to make user to click on its ads.
It hijacks browser to track user browsing history, cookies, keywords and search content just to bombard the sites which user visits with attractive ads. Suppose if a user is interested in travelling, the adware will pump ads like Hotel bookings, airfares, restaurants and Resorts etc.
These ads distract user from original task. The ads generate on the screen in the form of pop-ups. These pop-up ads annoy user when they cover-up the page content.
One more use of Adware is to collect non-personally identifiable information which is then used for accumulating statistics. E.g. which sites people prefer to visit, what kind of content they search and which type of ads they mostly click.
Adware is not always harmful or unwanted. There are a legitimate kind of Adware as well.
How Adware Reaches To Your System
Unlike viruses, Adware is not spread openly on the system. It employs a deceptive mechanism to penetrate into the system. Technicians have identified three ways via which Adware makes entry into a computer. The three ways are
Misleading Official Websites
They have their own official sites. A user is redirected to the site to download browser add-ons, game plugins and useful shopping helpers etc.
Since the Applications are offered free of cost, a user gets lured to download it on PC. In the name of downloading an Application, user ends up downloading Adware on Computer.
Bundling is one more common method of Adware distribution. A free software is bundled with an adware. When the user installs software on the Windows, Adware also installs on the Operating System simultaneously. A user is not able to detect it because it hides itself in the setup of the freeware and works in the system background to carry its activities.
Fake Pop-up Ads
The pop-up ads that generate on our windows need to be dealt carefully. An accidental click on pop-up ad can deposit Adware on your system. Pop-up ads deceive user by recommending them to download needed software, updates and tools etc. But in reality it aims to distribute Adware.
Dangerous Consequences Of Adware
Once an adware penetrates the security cover of your PC and launches itself on your PC Windows, it starts its operations in system background to escape user’s sight. Some of its activities are as follows:
- Adware collects sensitive information and thus poses risk to your system security. It steals users’ login details, email ID, IP address and location of the user to misuse them. All this happens in the background and user doesn’t gets a blink of it.
- It shows banners, in-text links and pop-up ads with a sole aim to promote a group, party or a company etc.
- Adware redirects user to affiliate websites for increasing traffic on those sites.
- It installs add-ons and tools on system without the permission of user. It attempts to make people install affiliated third party software and tools
- It spies and track internet browsing history of user to know their interests for targeting similar kind of ads on sites on the websites they visit.
- One of its dangerous consequence is it lowers the performance and speed of system.
- Some Adware de stabilize PC and the programs installed on it.
- It keeps on installing more and more files on computer to remain updated
- Adware is a stub born malware that lacks complete uninstall feature to make its elimination impossible from the PC. That is the reason when we uninstall an Adware, after sometime it resurfaces after system rebooting. This is an inherent trait of all types of Adware.
How Will You Prevent Adware From Infecting Your PC?
Don’t Install Software From Unofficial Sites
The easiest way to prevent Adware is to refrain from installing software from unofficial sites. Make a thorough research about the product, read its reviews, features and also check its credibility. If there is a slight amount of doubt, discard its installation immediately.
Choose Only Custom (Advanced) Setting
To install a free software on system, choose only custom (Advanced) setting. It enables you to track what is getting installed on your PC. Once you observe a browser add is getting installed on your OS, discard it immediately.
Don’t click on Pop up ads
Never ever click on pop up ads, they can redirect you to a malicious site like pornography. Pornographic sites we know are the major source of malware. Most of the malware in the world is being distributed through these sites.
How To Remove Adware From PC/Desktop
If Adware makes way into your system, you should remove it immediately from your system. The instructions for removing different kinds of adware will be provided in articles on this site.
Read those articles carefully to learn the procedure how to remove Adware from PC/Desktop. The Procedure varies from Adware to Adware. We will mention procedure of all adware one by one. Just follow our site to grab such useful information.