How To Remove Protect.plus Redirect (Virus Removal Guide)
This article is written to provide you solution of your query “how to remove Protect.plus from computer?” Furtherly, you will get to know more information about Protect.plus. which is helpful for every computer user.
Protect.plus affects user’s system in both ways. Protect.plus acts as an adware and browser hijacker as well. Protect.plus claims to help user for enhancing the accessibility of system. it redirects user to phishing sites to earn money for hackers. And, this kind of redirection may lead user to download other malware. As, one of the malware is installed in PC, and make backdoor for other malware to infiltrate.
Problems caused by Protect.plus
- Protect.plus can modify registry settings to open itself as user start the PC.
- Protect.plus shows window banners and Highlighted keywords under “brought by Protect.plus “
- Protect.plus redirects users to sponsored party webpage that can ruin browsing.
- Protect.plus can collect private data and information such as: credit card details, userID, passwords and other financial data.
- Allowing third party sponsored programs to be installed on the target PC.
- Protect.plus slows down the PC performance seriously.
- Protect.plus can cause web traffic and can lead to not getting any online task requests.
- Protect.plus displays infinite pop-ups of false malware alert.
- Protect.plus creates damaging files and vulnerabilities.
- Protect.plus uses systems vulnerabilities to infiltrate another bundled malicious content.
Ways of infiltration
- Spamming is one of the most favorite way of invader to infiltrate the system. Spams are come with malicious attachments and by clicking on that link may lead user to get it in their computer.
- Malicious websites are contained malware in huge number. And, by visiting and clicking any of the pop-up present on that site. May lead user to download it.
Adware Protect.plus redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to remove Protect.plus from computer?
For removing Protect.plus from computer automatically:
Scanning from Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- To remove Protect.plus from computer automatically. First, download Malwarebytes anti-malware program.
- As the program downloads. User need to close all running programs.
- Then, click on the icon named “mbam-setup” to install Malwarebytes anti-malware program.
- Now, USER ACCOUNT CONTROL wizard will appear on screen, to continue the installation task click on yes option.
- After completing that step, setup-Malwarebytes anti-malware will be displayed on screen. Click on NEXT option and follow the instruction and till you see FINISH option. By clicking on it confirm the installation procedure.
- After this, Malwarebytes anti-malware will start and update its anti-malware database.
- By clicking on scan now option, scanning of the system will begin.
- After completing the scan, Malwarebytes anti-malware program display detected files.
- Remove all of them, by clicking on remove selected.
- Now, Malwarebytes anti-malware program would remove all the malevolent files and registry entries.
- After that system reboot is required. So, reboot the system and scan once again the entire system. So that, if any threat has not been detected yet can detect and can be removed from computer.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove Protect.plus redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Protect.plus Adware Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
For manual removal of Protect.plus:
Reboot in safe mode:
For Mac OS X
- Initially, when you power up the Mac. You will hear startup tone.
- As, you hear start up immediately press and hold the shift key on keyboard.
NOTE: Do not click before you hear the startup tone. And, if user is using file FileVault feature of OS X’s to encrypt entire disk of Mac. Release key pressing as Mac prompts to unlock the disk, then, you need to put your password and press Enter key.
- Release key pressing (shift). As, OS X’s login display appears.
For windows vista/ 7/ XP
- Restart computer
- Tap F8 until computer starts rebooting.
- Now, select safe mode with networking.
For windows 8/ 8.1
- Right click on windows icon.
- Select control panel >>> system and security >>> administrator tools system configuration.
- Now, click on safe boot >>> OK
- Then, new window will be displayed.
- Select restart option.
For windows 10
- Tap on start.
- Then tap on power button.
- Hold down shift button, while selecting restart.
- Select trouble shooting >>> advanced option >>> startup settings >>> restart.
- Now, PC will reboot.
- Then, new startup settings will be shown.
- Select enable safe mode.
Remove Protect.plus control panel.
From Mac OS X:
- For Mac OS X user, click on GO option (located at top left corner).
- Afterwards, Select applications.
- Now, you need to wait until applications folder display on the screen.
- Then, search for Protect.plus and related malware and click on every file and choose move to trash option.
From Windows XP:
- Select Start. then, go to Control Panel.
- After that, select Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Protect.plus.
- Select Uninstall.
From Windows 7/ Vista:
- Select Start.
- After that, go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Search for Protect.plus
- And, Select Uninstall.
From Windows 8/ 8.1:
- Go to Menu.
- Select Search.
- Then, select Apps.
- Now, control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program then choose Programs.
- Search for Protect.plus,
- Select Protect.plus.
- And, Select Uninstall.
From Windows 10:
- Select Start option for opening Start menu,
- Select the Settings.
- Select App & features.
- Search for Protect.plus
- Select on it,
- After that, Select on Uninstall button.
- Now, select to confirm.
Removal of registry entries:
- To clean registry entries.
- Tap on START option.
- Now, go to RUN option then click on it.
- After that, a search bar will be appeared, write REGEDIT in that search bar,
- Then, click on ENTER key.
- And, search for given registry entries by Protect.plus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
- HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\[adware name]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “.exe”
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings“CertificateRevocation” = ’0
- Now, navigate to file and then click on EXPORT.
- Save registry files at c:\ as regbackup.
- To save files click on SAVE.
- Go to Edit and there click on find option. Then, write “Protect.plus ”.
- Press F3 to search.
- As you found the items, read to ensure, that it is a link to that program.
- To remove it, press DELETE.
- Press F3 continually and deleting items relating to the Protect.plus, until all the links are gone.
For Mac Users:
- Hold down the Option key while looking at the Go menu in Finder to access the ~/Library folder.
- Find related entries and delete them one by one. Recheck to ensure all files are deleted.