How To Remove 4-you.net (Virus Removal Guide)
This article will guide you about how you can remove 4-you.net malware from your system.
What is 4-you.net?
How does 4-you.net enter your system?
- Bundled with free software: 4-you.net may come bundled with a free software, system utilities, that users download from unofficial websites. When such applications are installed 4-you.net search engine may also install with such software without users’ knowledge and consent. If users ignore installation process of free software and keep accepting everything on each step of installation they may unknowingly install 4-you.net in their computer system.
- Accidently installs: When users visit untrusted websites or other websites they encounter various ads, links, banners that pop-up during browsing. Users may accidently or purposely click on such ads, banners, or links that install such malware or they may be redirected to websites that infect system from such malware. Users can also get tricked through spams on social engineering platforms.
Symptoms of 4-you.net browser hijacker?
When users’ PC is infected from 4-you.net they may encounter following issues on their computer system:
- Affects system health: 4-you.net is a browser hijacker that affect browsing experience and may also affect system health. It may slow down system, install other potentially harmful malware, and degrade system performance. It may interrupt system’s normal functioning and cause internet slow browsing.
Adware 4-you.net redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Removal Tool
By scanning from Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- Initially, download Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- After downloading the program, close all programs.
- Then, double click on icon named “mbam-setup” to install Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- Now, click on the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, followingly click on yes option.
- Then, click on next and follow the instruction
- Click on the finish option.
- Now, Malwarebytes anti-malware will start
- After that, it will update the anti-malware database.
- On clicking on scan now option, it starts to scan.
- After that, you will see some detected files.
- Remove it.
- After that, it will reboot the system.
- Then, you need to allow to reboot your system.
- After restarting computer.
- Scan once again to verify traces of threats.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove 4-you.net redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – 4-you.net Adware Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Below are the instructions to manually remove 4-you.net from your computer system.
For windows 7/8/10
- Press start button and open Control Panel or open by double clicking on control panel icon on desktop.
- Click on Programs.
- Now click on Programs and Features.
- Search for 4-you program and other potentially unwanted program in the list of programs.
- After you located the programs double click every program to remove them from your computer.
- Now install a reputed antispyware program and run full scan to ensure malware has removed.
Remove 4-you.net add-ons and extensions in browsers
Follow the steps given below to remove add-ons, extensions and 4-you toolbars.
From Google chrome web browser:
- Click on 3-dot icon just next to address bar.
- Choose More Tools a new bar appear choose Extensions.
- Now disable all unwanted extensions.
- Now again click 3-dot icon next to the address bar and navigate to Settings > Search > Manage search engines.
- Click on X button to remove 4-you.net as your search engine and make google as your search engine.
- Now click 3-dot button again and navigate to Settings > Appearance > Click Show home button and click change to alter your home page.
- Press X button of google chrome, right click on google chrome icon and open Properties option, remove http://4-you.net in short cut icon and press OK.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
From Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools (gear like icon in IE on top-right side of IE window) and navigate to Tools > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions.
- Search for unwanted add-ons and remove all.
- Now click on Search Providers and remove 4-you.net search engine.
- Navigate to Tools > Internet Options > General > change http://4-you.net domain and alter to http://www.google.com click apply.
- Exit IE and go to IE properties by right clicking its icon and change http://4-you.net from target box in the short cut tab and apply the changes.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and simultaneously press CTRL+SHIFT+A add-ons window will appear.
- Now locate unwanted add-ons in Extensions and Plugins and remove them.
- Type “about:config” in address bar (url bar) press ENTER. Settings tab will appear.
- Type in search box “keyword.url”, “browser.search.defaultengine”, then type “browser.search.selectedengine”, “browser.newtab.url” now right click and reset.
- Navigate to Tools > Options > General > change http://4-you.net domain and alter to http://www.google.com click apply.
- Exit Firefox and right click its icon then open properties and change http://4-you.net from target box.