What Is Browser Plugin Malware? How To Remove Browser Plugin Malware?
A browser plugin is a software, that enhances functionality to a web browser. It is a third party collection that plugs in to the web browser that can be implanted inside a web page. It permits to display some additional content it was not originally intended to display. It is designed to add toolbars and support a variety of graphics, animation, audio and video formats. As coin has two surfaces like it has. It is of two types:
Legitimate browser plugins: These are browser plugins, that help people by adding specific feature to an existing web browser. They are harmless and user friendly.
E.g. Google toolbar, MSN Search toolbar, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Malicious browser plugins: It is malware which does not spread like another malicious malware. They are harmful can cause undesirable and hazardous actions such as blocking access to page that you actually request to reach.
Symptoms Of Having Malicious Browser Plugins:
- When some additional web browser plugins are appeared on your PC. It means you have malicious plugin issues. Generally, they contain with malevolent files.
- If you find a change in your default search engine. Then you’re infected with malware.
- Appearance of a no. of unwanted links, banners, pop-ups etc., while web browsing.
- If you are facing a very serious problem of stability in performance of web browser, then it may chance of having threats in your system.
How Does It Spread?
- A few of vendors of malevolent browser plugins deceives users by presenting their product more helpful and user friendly tools. By using of that plugin user think it will improve the functionality and will give better performance but actually it appears useless and harmful as well.
- With freeware programs, usually freeware is bundled with malicious browser plugins.
- Some of PUP (potentially unwanted programs) can be used to promote third party browser plugins.
How Can It Be Removed?
To remove any malicious browser plugin, first you need to install a very well reputed anti-spyware software and scan your system on regular basis. These kinds of software have some special parasite signature database, that helps to detect and remove the malicious browser plugins. This is the only way by which you can rid from it. It could not be removed by manual removal processes.