How To Remove SurfControl (Virus Removal Guide)
What is a SurfControl?
SurfControl is a Network Management tool that is being used to create to filter, manage and monitor content on Internet. The aim of bringing this software in market was to aware users about harmful websites and the illegal use of webmail accounts.
One more reason was to protect Network connection from rogue spywares. So it was being categorized an effective and a legitimate product.
But this product is now being used by hackers’ to fulfill their vicious goals. So it causes more harm to users than benefiting them.
The hackers use NMT SurfControl to block the victim’s access to good websites, email accounts, games and to the other resources etc.
It is not easy to bypass SurfControl. SurfControl functions establishes a Remote connection that remains in touch with clients via computer. A user can do literally nothing to disable SurfControl if he/she has not got admin rights of the device.
How to Prevent SurfControl attacks?
There are methods to dodge SurfControl. Know here them one by one:
1. Scan PC to locate and then remove SurfControl with anti- malware.
2. A malware disables programs on your Windows. Use a tool to eliminate malware from program to enable its functions.
3. Malware may infect browser. Uninstall and remove it.
4. Use an alternate internet browser
5. If Security Software is not functioning on computer, install anti malware on other device. Copy the setup and then copy and run it on the infected PC.
6. Always Run Windows in the “Safe Mode with Networking.”
7. If SurfControl controls your access to the Windows desktop, then reboot the device
8. SurfControl uses proxy server to prevent access to your browser. So disable Proxy server to access Proxy Server.
Adware SurfControl Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Causes of SurfControl Infections
SurfControl effects mostly systems which are vulnerable to risks because of weak or no security cover at all. Some of the probable causes of SurfControl infection are as follows
Security Settings are Too lax both of Windows and browsers
- Unsafe browsing
- Installing Freeware
- Free Software bundled with adware.
- Peer-to-peer Software. It exposes your device to risk of infected files.
- By visiting questionable websites like porn and Gambling. The malware downloads and then install on system automatically.
Symptoms of SurfControl Infections
Some of the symptoms of SurfControl Infections are as follows
- The PC speed and performance goes down abruptly
- Decrease Network efficiency and speed
- New Desktop shortcuts and browser homepage
- Automatic redirection to unsafe websites.
- Irritating Pop-up ads on PC
- Emails being sent from your inbox and you didn’t even write them. These emails may be loaded with e-mail hoaxes, attachments and spam etc.
How to get rid of SurfControl from your PC?
If you want to uproot SurfControl from PC, you will have to delete folders, files, registry keys and values related to SurfControl. We will provide you the list of those folder, files and registry values and elements towards the end of the article.
How to get rid of SurfControl from Files and Folders?
The instructions are as given below
1. Choose File or Folder
2. Click on Shift+Delete
3. Click Yes in Confirmation box
4. The File will refuse to delete if it is functional in some App.
5. To delete this file/ Folder, right click on them, choose option Send to in a Reboot utility
6. Click Remove on Next Reboot on the Menu
7. Restart Computer
Some Files/ Folders linked with SurfControl
[%PROGRAM_FILES%]\Network LookOut\Net Monitor for Employees
[%PROGRAM_FILES%]\EduIQ.com\Advanced Net Monitor for Classroom
[%PROGRAMS%]\EduIQ.com\Advanced Net Monitor for Classroom
[%PROGRAMS%]\Network LookOut\Net Monitor for Employees
How to get rid of SurfControl from the Windows Registry
The System Preferences, installed Programs and preferences are stored in Windows Registry. The App information is also stored in your Windows Registry and once you click on Windows startup, it begins its operation. This is the reason why developers hide their program information in Windows Registry to make auto start of it possible.
For eliminating SurfControl from Windows Registry, you will have to delete all its registry keys and values. But starting the process, don’t forget to create a backup of your Windows Registry because any damage to Windows Registry can defunct your device.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove SurfControl redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – SurfControl Adware Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
The Instructions are as given below
1. Click Run
2. Type regedit in search field
3. Click on OK
4. The registry Editor Windows opens on your screen
5. The Left Pane contains registry keys folder in hierarchical order and the right pane registry values.
6. To delete Registry Keys one by one, locate the key in left pane of Registry Editor Windows
7. Expand the folders according to following path
8. Write the name of the key at the end of path.
9. Now Right-click Key name
10. Choose Delete on Menu and click Yes in Confirmation box
11. Follow the same procedure for registry value in Registry Values section
12. Select value name in Right pane
13. Right-click on Value name and choose delete on Menu
14. Click on Yes in confirmation box
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
Some Registry Keys
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\net monitor for employees console_is1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\net objective_is1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\advanced net monitor for classroom_is1