How To Remove CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware?
How To Get Rid of CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware
CryptoWall 4.0 is a ransom Malware that infiltrates and encrypts the data on the PC of victim and then locks system to demand Ransom in lieu of unlocking the system. It gives rise to a gruesome situation for the victim. If the victim decides to pay Ransom, there is no guaranty that the attacker will unlock system. The attacker can demand more ransom. On the other hand, if he turns down the ransom demand, the attacker threatens to destroy or share computer data with third parties who can misuse it in any desired way.
What is CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware?
CryptoWall 4.0 is one of the dangerous Ransoware Popular these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – CryptoWall 4.0 Removal Tool <<
The variant of Ransomware we are discussing here is CryptoWall 4.0.
It is a Ransomware that encrypts personal documents on the infected PC using RSA-2048 key. After encrypting whole system data, it then locks computer of Victim and displays a message demanding Ransom from Victim in lieu of decrypting system data.
The attacker issues a threat in the message that that if a payment of $700 (1.79 Bitcoins) is not made in 4 days, the Ransom will double to $1400.
The CryptoWall 4.0 is relatively an old Ransomware but its developers have brought a significant change in its design. For example new ransom note filenames, new payment gateways, more robust Shadow Volume Copy deletion and a redesign of the HTML ransom note.
How CryptoWall infects your PC?
CryptoWall spreads from PC to PC via several means. Some of them are listed as below:
- It can install on your system via a malicious site like Porn or Gambling. These sites are the reservoirs of all viruses. Once you click on any such website, the CryptoWall 4.0 installs on your system automatically.
- The CryptoWall 4.0 exploits the vulnerabilities of the devices for infiltration. The user fails to notice its presence till it locks his/her system.
- The CryptoWall 4.0 spreads through spam emails as well. The spam emails contain infected links and attachment. Once the user makes a click on the link, the Ransomware install on the system. The Spam mail pretends to be from some reputed institutes like FedEx and DHL so many victims fell in trap easily.
- If this kind of spam mail lands in your inbox, it will tell you that it tried to deliver a courier to you but couldn’t do it some reason or it may be a shipment notification. The victim becomes curious to know about the courier and clicks on the link or attachment and hence gets infected by CryptoWall 4.0.
- One more means is a fake update or a software infected with CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware. The victim is made to believe that his/her system has been infected by a virus and now they need to download a given software to remove it.
- The CryptoWall 4.0 affects all versions of Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10. The infection gets detected easily once it encrypts the user’s files – namely.
CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware – Activities
When CryptoWall 4.0 ransomware installs on your device, it l creates random executable in the %AppData% or %LocalAppData% folder. This executable begins to scan drive letters on infected PC to encrypt data files.
CryptoWall 4.0 ransomware looks for files with extensions to encrypt. It encrypts mostly productivity documents and the files such as .docx, .doc, .xls, and .pdf, Etc. The Ransomware changes the extensions and renames them to prevent victims recognizing them. When the user tries to search for a file, he/she fails to locate it
Some file extensions that are Target of CryptoWall 4.0 ransomware
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt
How to know a PC has been infected with CryptoWall 4.0 virus?
“Cannot you find the files you need? Is the content of the files that you have watched not readable? It is normal because the files’ names, as well as the data in your files have been encrypted. Congratulations!!! You have become a part of large community of CryptoWall,” This is the text you will read on your screen very soon after CryptoWall 4.0 infects your system.
While encrypting files, the ransomware creates the HELP_YOUR_FILES.TXT and HELP_YOUR_FILES.HTML text files ransom note in each folder that a file has been encrypted and on the Windows desktop. The ransomware also changes your Windows desktop wallpaper to HELP_YOUR_FILES.PNG.
If you click on a URL Present in Ransom note, it will redirect you to TOR site where you will learn the methods of payment.
CryptoWall 4.0 Removal Guide
You can get rid of CryptoWall 4.0 ransomware from PC via Automatic Removal Tool or via manual procedure.
Automatic Removal Tool
Anti-Ransomware can identify and eliminate CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware from computer, but cannot decrypt encrypted files. To decrypt files you will need a decryptor.
The procedure to get rid of CryptoWall 4.0 ransomware from PC via Automatic removal Tool method is as follows
- Download and install a reliable and strong Removal tool (Malwarebytes Anti- Malware)
- Now click on the ‘Scan now’ to start a system scan.
- Once the scan concludes, it will come with a list of identified threats.
- Click “Remove Selected” button to quarantine infected files and registry keys.
- If prompted to, Reboot the system.
- That is all you need to do to remove.
How To Get Rid of CryptoWall 4.0 From The Computer (Manually)
To remove CryptoWall 4.0 Ransomware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong file may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – CryptoWall 4.0 removal tool.
From Windows 98, Millennium, XP and 7:
- Restart PC
- Hit F8 immediately after system reboot begins.
- Select Safe mode with Networking.
From Windows 8
- If you are Windows 8 user, go to control panel
- Click System and Security>> Administrative Tools >> System Configuration. Administrator permission required
- Check Safe Boot and click OK
- Click on Restart in pop-up.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu>> Power button>> Power options Menu
- Shift Key+ restart
- It will start Reboot
- Click on Troubleshoot>> Advanced options>> Startup Settings
- Click Restart
- Click Enter Safe Mode With Networking
Remove CryptoWall 4.0 from Windows
- Click Windows Key+ R
- Copy- paste notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Click on OK
- You will see a bunch of strange IPs connected at the bottom like hosts opt (1) that means your PC has been hacked
- Click Windows Key+ R and type %temp%
- Click on Enter. Delete directories
- Right click on all identified threats one by one and choose Open File Location and uninstall and remove CryptoWall 4.0
- Enter msconfig in search field and click enter: you will be directed to a Pop Up window.
- Uncheck programs in startup tab which show Unknown Manufacturer.
- Now Restore your system to eliminate traces of CryptoWall Traces to eliminate it completely from the system.