What is Rogue Anti-Spyware? How To Remove Rogue Anti-Spyware
Rogue Anti Spyware is an application which makes use of some malicious tools to get itself attached to the system. It forces the users to install its fake security software and then gets the notorious Trojan horse installed on your system.
It tries to persuade the user into believing that their system is inflicted by some serious malicious programs and he needs to install a particular software on his system to get rid of it as soon as possible. It also furnishes a proper link for downloading the software. It will also execute a fake scan on your system and also produces astonishing results. The results as well as the scan, all are fake and made-up.
The primary goal of the program is to sell their product by convincing the user for the same.
Rogue Anti-Spyware Features
- It creates a fake window dialog and other pop-ups to make the user click on them and they generate revenues.
- Frequent warning is sent out on the user’s system that his system is infected by several malicious software.
- It will execute a fake scan on your system to create an equally fake threat list. It will coax you to download the software in the link provided by them.
How Does Rogue Anti-spyware Get Into Your System?
- The rogue anti-spywares are carried out by several advertisement campaigns. Even the legitimate and the most popular websites displays the advertisement carrying the malicious content.
- Spam emails are another means to send out Rogue Anti-Spyware into the system of the host. This is the cost effective method used by cybercriminals to propagate their Rogue Anti-Spyware.
- Search Engine Results are also responsible for propagating the rogue anti-spyware. The websites carrying the rogue anti-spyware contents can sometimes be seen on the top in the search engine results. When you visit such websites, the website slyly tricks you to download the software and that’s when the problem begins.
How To Protect Yourself From Rogue Anti-Spyware?
- Study more about the common phishing scams and attacks on internet.
- Use a legitimate security software to protect your system.
- Regularly update your security programs.
- Think wisely before clicking on any new link or new website.
- Before download any product online, do a proper google research about it.
- Do not click on ads that are asking you to download a particular security program.
- Do not open the email attachments from an unknown sender.
- Download the software from their official website.