How To Remove Security Shield (Virus Removal Guide)
Through this article you will be able to learn how to remove Security Shield rogue antispyware from your system manually.
Security Shield – An overview
Security shield is a rogue antispyware that pretends to be a legitimate antispyware program and belongs to System tools malware family. It regularly scans infected system and displays false warning messages of malware detection and prompt users to buy online a full Security Shield package to get rid of all malware from computer system. It scares users by showing serious computer threats. Security shield window regularly pops-up and runs fake security scans without user’s permission. After completion of fake scan, it displays a message showing scan results which alerts user for serious security threats and prompts that security shield can’t remove all viruses because some modules are unavailable, to remove all malware user has to buy full version of security shield. There are new versions of Security shield that attaches year tag like security shield 2011. Security Shield 2012 is new version of security shield. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) of security shield appears like a legitimate security application.
Symptoms of Security Shield presence
When Security Shield is installed on users’ system they can see presence of %PROGRAMS%\Security Shield.lnk file
- It always conducts fake malware scans and prompt users to purchase its full version
- Security Shield injects other dangerous malware in the system such as Trojan, viruses, browser hijacker, ransomware.
- Hijacks browsers and installs its unregistered components.
- Regularly shows fake warnings about various system files and data claiming to have infected from malware.
- Stops all legitimate programs from running like antivirus to hide.
- It consumes a large amount of system memory and slows down PC then claims malware are slowing down the system and users should buy full version of security shield.
- Restricts users from accessing to system resources, files, programs, even desktop. Security shield start intervening in computer operations and prevent user from operating the system normally.
- Degrade system health, crash programs and create network connection issues. Interrupt smooth internet browsing and affect smooth functioning of the system.
How Security Shield breaks into users’ system?
Security shield is a fake antispyware which is used by cybercriminals like hackers to break into users’ computer systems and make money from them by insisting them to buy full version of Security Shield. They not only insist users into buying Security Shield but they also use it as a tool for gaining access to users’ system and steal sensitive information of the users. To break into a system following tactics are used:
- Through spams: Attackers use spams to trick users into installing Security shield. Social engineering like emails, twitter and other social media platform are used to deceive users and convince them into installing it. Emails are common spam method in which attackers send mails to thousands of users and promote security shield.
- Visit to untrusted websites: Users’ system can get infected when they visit untrusted and malicious websites that are rogue websites by cybercriminals that are used by them to deceive users and promote their fake software.
- Download of free software: PC can also get infected from security shield from free software that come bundled with security shield. Data like free songs, files, etc. can infect users’ system as well.
Spyware Security Shield Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Removal Tool
By scanning from Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- Initially, download Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- After downloading the program, close all programs.
- Then, double click on icon named “mbam-setup” to install Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- Now, click on the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, followingly click on yes option.
- Then, click on next and follow the instruction
- Click on the finish option.
- Now, Malwarebytes anti-malware will start
- After that, it will update the anti-malware database.
- On clicking on scan now option, it starts to scan.
- After that, you will see some detected files.
- Remove it.
- After that, it will reboot the system.
- Then, you need to allow to reboot your system.
- After restarting computer.
- Scan once again to verify traces of threats.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove Security Shield, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Security Shield Adware Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Removal steps for Windows XP/7/8/10
The following are the steps of how you can manually remove Security Shield from your system. To remove security shield manually you need to stop process ‘[random].exe’ where random refers to some 6-10 digit numbers like 4234912354.exe. To do so follow the steps below:
- Restart your system and keep hitting F8 key instantly on restart until it goes to “Advance Boot Option”.
- Use arrow keys and select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” and press ENTER.
- Now you have logged in safe mode. Start ‘Task Manager’ by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC simultaneously or press start button and type ‘Task Manager’ in search then find and open it.
- Now you will see task manager window press processes tab and locate Security Shield process, it should look like [random].exe and stop it.
- Now click start button and search ‘Run’ then click Run or press WindowKey+R and type run press enter.
- Type regedit in Run window and press ENTER.
- Find and delete registry files of Security Shield as below.
- Set show all hidden folders and files property in folder options menu.
- Locate all files and folders which are linked to Security shield and delete them like C: Documents and settings [User] Local settings Application Data [random.exe].
- Install a reputed antivirus program, run full scan and look for any malware infection.