How To Eliminate Cycbot from your PC (Virus Removal Guide)
Cycbot is a dangerous Trojan as it poses a serious threat for your sensitive information and computer system as well hence require to be removed as soon as possible therefore this article presents removing steps to eliminate Cycbot from your computer.
Cycbot – What is it?
Cycbot is a dangerous backdoor Trojan that penetrates a computer system through spams, pop-up ads, unknown links, rogue websites, and damage the infected system and steal users’ confidential information. It allows attacker an unauthorized access to your system. It can run undetected on infected PC as it can disguise itself in the system, for example main file of Cycbot Trojan named as ‘svchost.exe’ which imitates a legitimate windows process, so users can take this process for legitimate process and it remains uninstalled. But Cycbot when left undetected create many issues on the infected system. It may install other harmful malware, it installs fake security applications like ThinkPoint, Palladium etc. which are notorious and malicious rogue antispyware programs. Such programs collect users’ sensitive information and forward it to third party. Cycbot is capable of updating itself without users’ approval, create network traffic, bombard with ads to generate pay-per click money for its creator. It can alter system settings, and redirect to other unwanted domain.
Common symptoms of Cycbot infection
When a system is infected from Cycbot Trojan following files are created:
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\shell.exe
Generate the following registry entry
- Connect to some unknown domains such as ‘bookknowledge.com’, ‘8minutedating.com’, xinmin.cn etc.
- It causes unnatural internet activities, installs new software without users’ approval, connect to a remote server, send sensitive data, redirect to other websites.
- Change users’ web browser settings, modifies system configuration.
- Degrade system performance and health.
- Display ads to pay per click money for its creators.
- Monitor users’ various online and offline activities.
- Causes program crashes, stops legitimate security software from running, stop firewall and make system vulnerable.
How does it infect users’ computer system?
- Malicious web domains: Cycbot can infect a user’s computer system when they visit to malicious websites and don’t practice safe browsing. Such websites are filled with malicious contents, ads, unwanted links that trap users into installing such harmful programs. These methods are common methods used by attackers, cybercriminals whose ultimate objective is gain an unauthorized access to users’ system and collect users’ personal information such as bank details, credit card details, email passwords etc. and they also damage users’ PC. Websites that are prone to malicious contents should be avoided and users should take some safety measures while browsing on internet. Social engineering is also a good mean for attackers to infect users from such malware they use spam, links to trick users.
- Untrusted programs: Users’ download free software, like free games, from internet that may be bundled with such malware. Such software, downloaded from internet, are not reliable as they are not from their official site so they may contain harmful contents that infects users’ computer system. Also, other data like free songs, videos which is downloaded from infected web domain can also infect users’ system.
Trojan Cycbot Removal Guide
If Trojan has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Removal Tool
By scanning from Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- Initially, download Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- After downloading the program, close all programs.
- Then, double click on icon named “mbam-setup” to install Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- Now, click on the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, followingly click on yes option.
- Then, click on next and follow the instruction
- Click on the finish option.
- Now, Malwarebytes anti-malware will start
- After that, it will update the anti-malware database.
- On clicking on scan now option, it starts to scan.
- After that, you will see some detected files.
- Remove it.
- After that, it will reboot the system.
- Then, you need to allow to reboot your system.
- After restarting computer.
- Scan once again to verify traces of threats.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove trojan manually.
To remove Cycbot Trojan, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Cycbot Trojan Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Here are steps to manually removing Cycbot from your system:
For windows 7/XP/Vista:
- First, Restart your computer system and keeping hitting F8 key after it restarts.
- Now you are in Windows Advanced Menu, now with arrow key choose “Safe Mode with Networking” and press ENTER.
- Press Start button find Control Panel and click it.
- Click Add or Remove Programs, in windows 7 click Uninstall Programs under programs.
- Find programs related to Cycbot and click Uninstall to remove.
- Delete all files left by Cycbot after installation.
- Use and scan a reputed antivirus.
For Windows 8/10:
- Login Computer system.
- Press simultaneously CTRL+SHIFT+DEL keys, switch user windows appears.
- Now repeatedly press SHIFT key and click on shut down button.
- Click on Restart option from given options.
- Now new window appear click on Troubleshooting.
- Go to Advanced options > Start up settings and select restart then choose “Safe mode with networking option”.
- Open control panel and click on Uninstall Programs under Programs.
- Select programs related to Cycbot and uninstall them.
- Delete all files left by Cycbot after installation.
- Use and scan with a reputed antivirus program.
Kill Cycbot processes in Task Manager
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys together.
- Task manager window will appear locate Cycbot process and select.
- Now click End process button to terminate.
Erase registry entries
Warning: removing registry entry require technical skills and if done wrong can unstable your system. Thus you are advised to backup registry entries to be modified.
- Press simultaneously WindowKey+R to open run window.
- Type “regedit” in run window.
- Registry editor will open.
- Locate all registry entries related to Cycbot and remove all.