How to Get Rid of I Love You Worm (Virus Removal Guide)
This post has been written exclusively for people whose devices have been infected by Worm “I Love you” and for those who want to know how to Get Rid of I Love you Worm from Computer. Apart from knowing how to get rid of ‘I Love you’ Worm from Computer, you will also know how it infiltrates into your computer, its activities and How to Prevent I Love you Worm Attack.
I Love you Worm- Introduction
‘I Love you’ Worm which is also called VBS/Loveletter is a very infamous Worm. The Worm was first time detected in 2001 when it infected millions of computers around the world. The virus spread rapidly in china and now it has spread to almost all countries of the world. It is very harmful for a PC and its Admin.
I Love you Worm- Activities
Some of the activities carried out by I Love You Worm are as follows:
- Its main purpose is to gather information from victim’s computer and then misuse it for personal benefits.
- It causes identity theft, steals money and poses several other critical issues.
- It has a capability to disable your anti-virus and deposit more and more malware on the infected PC.
How it infiltrates into your computer
I Love you Worm can enter your PC via many ways. Some of them are as given below
- The most common way is a spam mail attachment. The hackers send a bulk mail to thousands of users at one time. The bulk mail contains an infected link or attachment. Once the user clicks on the link, then I Love You worm installs on computer automatically. So, if you receive a mail with subject like ”I LOVE YOU”, deal with it cautiously, it can be a malware.
- The attachment looks like ”LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs”. Since this attachment has vbs extension, it is definitely a VBSCript-type file but some users still open this type of file. They are tricked into because they think it is a sweet message from a girl or boy.
- As soon as this Worm infects your device, it spreads like a wild fire and infects entire system in seconds of time. It emails the Worm to the saved contacts of user.
- It makes use of Outlook and some other Webmail services to deliver emails to people.
- It makes copies of itself and hides in system folder and finally infects system registry.
- It can even block you audio, images and video files by encrypting them.
- The I Love You Worm has hundreds of variants, so you dealt with it carefully.
I Love You Worm Redirect is pop redirect Adware Popular these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – I Love You Worm Removal Tool <<
How to Prevent I Love you Worm Attack
- The easiest way to prevent I Love You Worm Attack is to use a spam filter to get rid of spam mails before they land in your inbox. Now if spam mail bypasses Spam filter and lands in your inbox. If the mail looks suspicious and is from unknown sender, never click on it, move it to Trash and delete it.
- If you are confused about the authenticity of the email whether it is from a genuine or a fake sender, take a look at the attachment, if it contains VBS script, ignore the mail. Once you feel that your computer has been infected by I Love You Worm, immediately scan your computer to identify and eliminate it from the device as soon as possible
I Love You Worm Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Removal Tool
By scanning from Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- Initially, download Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- After downloading the program, close all programs.
- Then, double click on icon named “mbam-setup” to install Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- Now, click on the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, followingly click on yes option.
- Then, click on next and follow the instruction
- Click on the finish option.
- Now, Malwarebytes anti-malware will start
- After that, it will update the anti-malware database.
- On clicking on scan now option, it starts to scan.
- After that, you will see some detected files.
- Remove it.
- After that, it will reboot the system.
- Then, you need to allow to reboot your system.
- After restarting computer.
- Scan once again to verify traces of threats.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove I Love You Worm, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – I Love You Worm Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
How to Get Rid of I Love you Worm from Computer?
- Once you feel that your computer has been infected by I Love You Worm, immediately scan your computer to identify and eliminate it from the device as soon as possible.
- The Victim can get rid of “I Love You” Worm either manually or by the use of a Removal Tool. The Procedure is as given below
How to Get Rid of I Love you Worm from Computer by Removal Tool
- Download a Removal Tool
- Install it on your PC
- Once it installs successfully
- Scan your computer
- It will detect security threats and remove them from computer
How to remove I Love You Worm from System registry
Once you finish the scan of your computer and the Anti-malware removes the identified threats, you will need to clean your system Registry to eliminate the remaining traces of the Worm. The I Love You Worm modifies the Registry of the device so it is compulsory to restore it if you want to remove it completely from the system.
The Procedure is as follows:
- Download and install a cleaner
- Click Registry button
- Click on Scan for issues to identify I LOVE.YOU registry-related issues.
- Click on Fix Selected Issues to get rid of registry-related issues
- Click on Yes when it prompts you to backup registry
- Type a file name to back up the registry in File Name
- Click save
- Click on Fix All Selected Issues >> Close button
- It should clean your Windows registry and it should be free now of any infected keys or remnants connected with I.LOVE.YOU.